Monday, May 18, 2020

Pretty Little Storage Hutch

Over the last few years I've been slowly making pieces of 1-12 scale dollhouse furniture to fill a doll house I've been building. I love using the kits, bits and pieces and great miniature furniture that Gypsy Soul laser Cuts has in their vast inventory of cool and interesting things!
Here is the latest piece I made out of the Storage Hutch.
Here it is empty...

 And here it is full of odds and ends and maybe the beginnings of a crystal ball collection.

I started out with the Storage Hutch.
I painted all of the shelving and the top and bottom pieces a nice shade of cream.
Using the back piece as a template, I drew and then cut out the back pieces. (both the front and the reverse side) And the bit that belongs to the fancy front top edge.
I glued the papers on their respective parts and dry fit the hutch, making sure everything slid together smoothly and adjusting or trimming paper went it was too tight a squeeze.
I love it already!
I had initially planned on the sides and top being painted cream but I decided I liked it better with the stripey paper on the top (cut to match the valance)
And some black printed paper for the sides.
Sometimes one can have too many stripes.
Except for socks. One cannot have too many pairs of stripey socks.
A view of the back and side.
I added some stamped metal flowers and lastly little painted details. It's not a complicated project, but it has it's own charm.
Thank you for coming by!
SUPPLIES:
Storage Hutch
Gold Paint
Scrapbook paper (what I used was bits of Graphic 45 Curiosity Shoppe and Communique)
Stamped brass findings
Gold stamp pad

1 comment:

PILAR6373 said...

Te ha quedado precioso!!!
Besos.