Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Something Summery

Hello all!
For a closer look and a mini tutorial on how to make this fun piece, pop on over to Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts blog!

Saturday, January 12, 2019

My Chocolate Valentine

Yes, Valentine's Day will be here before you know it. It's always been a holiday that catches me by surprise. Fortunately for moi, my husband knows exactly what to get me and it's the same every year and it never gets old.
A book and a box of chocolates.
It's the best.
I look forward to it every year.
If he doesn't get it for me this year (he will) I will get it for myself!

So when the wonderful Alpha Stamps sent me the Victorian Ephemera Kit-January and that luscious chocolate colored Dresden trim spilled out, well, that was it for me. It had to be a snarky chocolate valentine.
I began with the Victorian Ephemera Kit-January.
I used the Arched Tent Card Frame as a template to cut all my papers and set them aside for a moment.
I reinforced the bendy fold in the tent card (on one side) with some lined hinging tape and inked it gold.
I glued in the surface papers, cut a bit of scrap chipboard into two rectangles  and glued background paper on to them as well for the phrases I printed off of my printer.
After all of that dried, I glued in my image to the arched frame and added some cut out flowers from the scrapbook paper, added Stickles glitter to my chocolate lovin' lady and set it aside to dry.
I added the gorgeous Dresden trim to edges and anywhere else it looked good. Honestly, I just kept going with it until I ran out!
Then I penciled in where I wanted to add a garland of Stickles......
And step by step.....
Piped in on.
After you do one side of the tent card, set it aside and let it dry for an hour or so.
I did the outside of the tent card first and then glued in the arch top piece inside and embellished away with the Stickles.
(The phrases I glued and embellished separately, then glued them onto the tent card before I added the final touches of glitter.)
I also used a couple of Copic markers to pump up the color in her hair and put some roses in her cheeks.
A couple of pretty little paper flowers on the front and a couple drops of glitter in the centers and it's all good to go!
Have a chocolatey Valentine's Day!
For a link to all the supplies used in this piece, click HERE.

Arched Tent Card Frame
Scrap Studio Roses & Gritty Scrapbook Paper
Victorian Ephemera Kit (all the papers and the Chocolate Dresden)
Caroline Otero Collage Sheet
Cinnamon Stickles
Christmas Red Stickles
Diamond Stickles
White acrylic paint
Linen Hinging Tape
Vintage Shades Paper Flowers-Orchid Pink (substitution suggestion)
Brilliance Galaxy Gold Ink Pad

Thank you for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Art Girl Banner

A great way to start off the new year! A fun, easy project that looks great and declares your love of art to the universe.
Or maybe just to your cat.
No matter, let it bring a smile to your face each time you look at your project!
I started out with the Banner Builder Dovetail Set. It comes in a set of four, so you will need two sets.
I painted the back scalloped edge pieces black, front and back.
I used one of the top pieces as a template and cut all of my background papers.
I painted the Flower Stackers and the One Inch Scallop Punch Elements white.
I actually used three sets of the Flower Stackers because I wanted eight large flowers for the tops of my banner pieces, but you can use any size flowers you choose.
I glued the background papers to the top layer of the banner pieces and set them aside to dry.
I then glued them on to the scalloped black painted bottom layer of the banner pieces.
Next, I cut a green sheet of scrapbook paper into seven 2 3/4 inch squares and a creamy yellow sheet into seven squares that measured 2 inches.
I played around with some lettering on graph paper and then hand-lettered each yellow 2 inch square with A R T G I R L.....
 After they dried, I glued them on to the green 2 3/4 inch squares, let them dry and then attached them to the banner pieces, making sure each one is centered consistently with the others.
When all was dry, I stacked and glued my flowers on at the top center of each banner piece.
I cut out lots of butterflies and a couple of bugs and attached them to each piece as I saw fit.
I added white paint dot around the edge of the black scalloped pieces and around the lettering to make it pop.
And of course, a little bit of glitter....
A little hot glue attaches the velvet ribbon to the back and it's ready to go!

Banner Builder Dovetail Set
Flower Stackers
One Inch Scallop Punch Elements

Additional Supplies:
Acrylic paint
metal findings (foe embellishing your flowers)
Scrapbook papers: I used Graphic 45 8x8 Floral Shoppe, Bo Bunny Double Dot Vintage Chiffon and Evergreen. The butterflies and bugs are from Graphic 45 Flutter.
Stickles Glitter Glue in Diamond
Brilliance galaxy Gold Stamp Pad

Thank you for stopping by!