Monday, June 3, 2019

Teeny Tiny Little House

I love this wee house. It is less than an inch tall and the base is about 3/4 of an inch square. It was so much fun to play with and I loved it so much, this house has become a two part project as I thought up about eleventy things to do with it while putting it together. Lora here for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts!

 Just give you a bit of scale...
Here is where I started:
I glued the house together, but left the roof off as I wanted to paint the interior white.
I then gave the outside of the house a preliminary coat of yellow.
I glued the roof on....
And chose the Tiny Pointed Shingles to put on the roof.
I started from the bottom and worked my way up the top, staggering the pieces so that the points form a diamond shape, not lined up.
After one side was done, I drew a line with a marker as a guide to where I wanted the shingle overhang to be, and cut them with a pair of sharp scissors.
I did the same thing to the other side, then added a ridge decoration. The little piece was from the shingles I used...it's the strip between the shingle pieces and is a little bit thinner. Perfect for a ridge vent!

I gave the entire piece a coat of Titan Buff.
And painted the roof in chocolate brown...
and red.
I added details with a fine brush, like lintels over the windows and doors and a threshold on the bottom of the doorway. And tiny little flowers and vines on the window sills. and a small tree in the corner.
I used a round #3 brush, pretty small and kind of dotted and blobbed the floral details as the house is so small painting a detailed flower wouldn't be noticed very well.

A very fun project and part of a story yet to come!

Thank you for stopping by!

SUPPLIES:
1:12 Gingerbread House
Tiny Shingles Pointed

Acrylic Paint

2 comments:

Connie said...

Adorable! Looks like a fairy’s dollhouse.

Holly M said...

So cute! It looks like a teeny tiny version of a house in Oberammergau, Germany.