Saturday, August 5, 2017

Good Fortune Fairy Pocket Cards.....and a trio of Snarky Witches for balance.

I do believe in balance. So when I made these sweet Good Fortune Fairy Cards, though I really like them, I felt a bit nauseous. I made the Snarky Witch cards as a sort of psychic Rolaids. Now I'm happy.
 I began with Stars Playing Cards (for a complete list of the great stuff supplied by Alpha Stamps click HERE )
I gave them a coat of Gesso....
And using the back side of the cards a s a template, I cut out all of the papers I needed, front and back and glued them to the back board of the cards.
I cut out my images from the Star Fairies Collage Sheet and pumped up their color with some Copic Markers.
After the color was done, I positioned the fairies inside the front frames (which I painted with Lumiere Halo Blue Gold) and glued them in.
I then glued the front piece on to the back, let them all dry and gave them a good sanding.
I inked the edges with gold.
After all that dried, I went to town with Stickles and added lots of sparkle and detail. Fun!
A couple of close-up pictures where you can see the sanded edges and the gold inking and sparkly bits.....


And here are my Snarky Witches to give a little tartness to all the sweet. Sigh....I do love some snark!

 For a complete list of the supplies used, click HERE.
Thank you for stopping by!






6 comments:

Kitty said...

In.Love.
I too am a fan of snark, and your witches certainly deliver! I'm so loving those sentiments!

sheilaAR said...

These cards are beautiful...and thank you for making me laugh today!!

Holly M said...

These are fabulous. I've always loved a nice balance of sweet and spicy.

Shannon Cooper said...

You brilliant vixen, you!

Rhondamum said...

I love what you did with these cards, and those comments on them made me laugh so hard! I have to get some of those sayings and do the same! Rhonda...

Teri Calia said...

Holey amazeballs Batwoman! These card ROCK!!!!