Thursday, February 19, 2015

A new year and a clean studio.

 Around the beginning of every new year I do a major clean up in my studio. All the shelves of odd bits and mysterious pieces that I have collected get a major tidy up.























Things that are in progress or getting prepped get a (ahem) dusting off and get moved to the front.
I handle everything because sometimes magic happens when you pick up an old drawer or some clock parts. Those things get put on my work tables so I can handle them some more. I treat these intuitive moments with mindfulness and nurture them as best I can.
























A lot of sorting happens and things that were previously scattered around get put away.

























Lost objects are found. I didn't know I had this awesome glitter!
















If I don't see something, I forget to use it.....I found these great storage cubes on Amazon for about $6.50 each. You can get them HERE.
















My husband (who I call MacGyver cuz he can make anything) made this wonderful lazy susan for me to store the vast amount of colored pencils I have. You can't have too many colored pencils!
















He actually bent the piece of wood that's wrapped around the disc, by getting it wet, wrapping it in plastic wrap and sticking the big, long piece inside our baseboard heat register! After it sat in there long enough, he was able to bend it to the shape of the disc. He is so cool.


















All the fussing and cleaning is worth it, it clears my mind. I feel my spirit lift and I am so much more productive!
Now I've got a wonderful, clean workspace that will stay that way for about thirty minutes.
Now if I can just put everything away in a timely fashion.........
Yeah.
We know how that goes!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about putting everything back in its place, my struggle as well. Your studio looks marvelous!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Connie said...

Looks great!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Lora, I struggle with finding my studio these days let alone organizing it. tee hee We, the Cuckoos at the Casa, make it a habit to clear our home once a quarter because of the chaos outside of our home. I know we should be able to control the chaos inside but with 3 generations of "doers" and the applicable stuff with which to "do" it, we are quite messy but wonderfully creative. I envy your organization. Enjoy that 30 minutes of "calm".
Thanks so much for joining in the fun for Celebrate Oz, Shadow of Oz. How fun......a newbie participant to the game. Again thanks and welcome. xoxo Oma Linda

Cherie said...

Right.... that's it. I am now going to give Le Crafterie the spring clean of its life. Then tomorrow I am going to spend as long as it takes reading your fabby blog.