Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Sweetly Scented Houseflies

These little houseflies work hard. They buzz around your house searching for smelly things - got a teenage boy? Then you know what their socks are like! Kitty box? No problem! After-a-party bathroom? Their favorite!
These industrious little houseflies flitter to the funk and let loose the lavender scent in their pretty eyeball flowers on a lovely breeze created by the flutter of their little black glittery fly wings.
Charming!
Yes, it's a little crazy.
Anyway....
Houseflies!!
Here are the elements I used....
Mini House Shadowbox 3
Standard Shingles Half Scale
Petal Corners Minis
Faux Metal Number Plates
Wings and Halo (coming soon)

I started by painting everything. The inside of the houses I painted white and the rest of the pieces got a coat or two of black. (Except for the shingles and the house numbers)
After the house (outside and back) the wings and the petal corners were painted, I glued the shingles on the roof.
I cut what I needed to fit and started from the bottom and worked up, like a real roofer would. After they dried, I painted the shingles a rich brown.
 
I glued the wings to the back of the house, positioning them carefully and  glued the petal corners to the top gable of the house.
I added some Black Diamond Stickles to the wings, glued a little eyeball to the flowers and glued a small cork to the back of each flower to bring then forward from the back of the house.
Before gluing the flowers down, I applied a drop of lavender oil to the petals of the flowers.
I glued a Faux metal number to the top of the petal corner and some black tinsel garland around the edge of the house. Kind of reminiscent of hairy little fly legs!


Thank you for stopping by!
SUPPLIES:
Mini House Shadowbox 3
Standard Shingles Half Scale
Petal Corners Minis
Faux Metal Number Plates
Wings and Halo (coming soon)


Supplies from Alpha Stamps:
Miniature Black Tinsel Garland
Black Diamond Stickles

Additional supplies
Acrylic paint (black, brown and white)
Silk flowers

No comments: