Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Twisted Little Valentine Cards

Hiya everyone, Lora here for the awesome folks at Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts with a fun, fast project for a personalized Valentine's Day Card! I love the macabre little twist on these, but you can put whatever spin on it you want on them.
 A view of the backs and the pithy little expressions of quirky Valentine love.
I love that instead of flowers, her/his true love chose poisonous mushrooms! SO romantic!
Here's how it went....
I chose these great  Heart Cards (which are coming soon!). Using the solid 'back' side of the card as a template, I cut papers for the front and back of the solid half of the card.
I painted the fancy, front side of the card with ivory acrylic paint and set them aside to dry.
I then cut my collage images out and glued ruffle-y red ribbon to the back of the image, letting the ruffle-y bit show on the front. i used clips to keep the corner from popping up, giving the glue a chance to set.
 After everything dried, I glued the fancy front of the cards to the background papers and then glued the beribboned collage images in the center of the cards. I did stick some heavy weight objects on them to flatten them out whilst the glue dried as the ribbon tends to make them pop off the card.
I glued other collage images on the back and came up with some amusing little expressions of Valentine love which I printed out, cut and glued on the back.
Lastly, I attached a ribbon to each one for hanging using a rose medallion of scrap paper I cut from the left over collage images used on the back.
Easy peasy and quite personal.
Ah, Valentine love........

SUPPLIES:
Heart Cards (coming soon)
Various Halloween collage images
Acrylic paint
Red ruffle ribbon
Bo bunny and Graphic 45 scrapbook papers
Thank you for stopping by!




2 comments:

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

These are so you!! I love the bow tie on that handsome gent.

Nancy Wethington said...

Once again, you've knocked it out of the park. These are wonderful!