Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Witches Deck The Halls!

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Here I am again makin' something fun for Alpha Stamps! It's Witches Decking the Halls, woohoo! It's also very timely as we have had about 6 inches of snow in the last 24 hours.
The witches have decked out their house for Christmas! It's wintery and snowy outside and very festive inside.
The ladies have the tree all decorated and stockings hung, ready for Santa.
They are dressed in their finery, have their festive hats on and have their brooms all spiffed up, ready for their midnight rounds and then it's off to the Christmas Cookie Exchange!

I began with the Large Haunted House Shadowbox.
I glued the piece together starting from the inside, making sure all the 'walls' were plumb.
I applied gesso and then a coat of white paint to the areas that weren't getting paper.
While this was drying, I painted all my window trims black and built my window boxes out of scrap chipboard. The three windows I chose were all different widths, so each box was measured to fit over each one.
I painted them green and added Baroque Dresden Borders-Black to the fronts of the boxes.
I measured and cut all the papers I planned using for the outside and inside the main box, and the papers for the front. And I decided that the front of the house needed a tower, so I made a template and cut out a thin cardboard 'tower roof' that fit over the top two right-hand side windows.
I covered my tower roof with paper and glued it carefully over the existing window holes in the front piece, making sure everything lined up well.
I glued on all of my window frames and any Dresden trim I wanted to use on the outside of my house and under the windows (setting aside the door for the moment), put some greenery in my window boxes and glued them under the windows as well.
I set the front aside for a bit and played around with trimming out the inside rooms.
I cut a piece from a Small Glassine Envelope and fitted it to the front top of the door, giving the impression of frosted glass.
Brooms trimmed up with a little holiday cheer, Christmas tree decorated and a red sparkly bow makes the kitty in the top center window look festive. A little snow and sparkle on the outside of the house....Okay, everybody in their places for a photo op!

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

For a link to all the wonderful supplies, click HERE!

Supplies
Large Haunted House Shadowbox
Mini Holly Leaf Garland
1/4 inch Red Holly Berry Stems
Wired Pine Needle Stems
Retro Bottle Brush Tree Set
Tiny Mixed Size Flat Back Pearls
G45 Winter Wonderland 12x12 Patterns and Solids Pad
G45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Optical Oddities Scrapbook Paper (flip side)
Saucy Witches Collage Sheet
Halloween Dress Up Half Sheet (black cat)
Deck The Halls Collage Sheet
Miniature Rustic Brooms
Fluffy Winter Snow
Stickles, Diamond, Lime Green, Christmas Red, Waterfall and Firefly
2017 Christmas Ornaments Ribbon Set
White Pearl Mix In Tin
3D Bronze Tea Time Teapot Charm
Chipboard Snowflake Shape Set
Small Glassine Envelopes

Thank you for stopping by!


5 comments:

Connie said...

Awww, l love this!

Artifice said...

Completely awesome! Love it! Merry Christmas! Linda

Michele said...

what a fun and wonderful, imaginative project! i love it! xo

Kristin said...

Merry Witchmas!

Teri Calia said...

Adorable! Love it!