Sunday, July 21, 2013

Seaward Pendant

I've been dabbling in PMC for a  year and quite seriously for the past six months.
Everything I've learned has been through trial and error and reading a lot of books!
Here is a pendant I'm pretty happy with.
It's PMC3, the chain I made with fine silver wire (18 gauge jump rings and hammered wire). The stamps I used for the text and the seashell are from a collection I got at Alpha Stamps  called
Under the Sea Cling Stamp Set.
The pendant is about 2.5 inches long including the seashell and the chain is 28 inches.







































I plan on many more pieces! PMC is a lot of fun to work with and you don't have to be an expert to make something thoroughly satisfying.

5 comments:

Connie said...

This is gorgeous!

Artifice said...

Incredible! Thanks for sharing!

Linda

Kyra said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kyra said...

Were you able to torch fire this or did it have to go in a kiln? I think I'm about to succumb to PMC

L Mahaffey said...

Hi Kyra,
I kiln fired this piece. There was a lot of silver in the pendent, so I thought it best to use the kiln. And I prefer kiln firing, mainly because I get impatient with the torching of bigger pieces...I'd rather get a bunch together and fire everything at once.