Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Summer is icumen.....

Summer is icumen.....an old English round robin song that was going through my head when I started playing with this sweet Small Trinket Drawer Stand. Warm sun, sunflowers and butterflies....sweet summer and all of it's pleasures is icumen!

Here's where I began......I made sure I had the proper pieces in the proper places.
And glued the main body together and then the drawer, securing the drawer with rubber bands for a tight glue-fit.
I cut and glued on my papers: Bo Bunny Double Dot Vintage Citrus on the inside and Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Optical Oddities (the striped side) on the back and sides. The little drawer has a pre-drilled hole for a knob, which makes things easy! I cut a sunflower out of some French Country paper (G45) and centering it on the hole, glued it down and the put my knob on.
I cut some more French Country to fit the Chunky ATC Blanks.
I love these Chunky ATC Blanks! They are super sturdy and come in a set of three. I use them all the time.
I also cut some zig-zag Dresden border to frame out the pretty sunflowers. I printed out the word 'Beautiful' and used an oval bookplate from the Miniature Bookplate Shape Set to frame it and attached it to the ATC. I glued on the borders and attached it to the Trinket box.

So cheerful and pretty!
After painting it black, I glued an element from the Stackable Labels Shape Set
to the top of the back side of the Trinket Box and then glued a great old 'sign' from the other side of the G45 Optical Oddities paper over the Label Shape and then framed out the bottom and top with more Dresden trim.
I like that it looks like an unfurled scroll. I added some more butterflies. While I could have kept going, I decided that less was more and jus added a couple of butterflies to the sides. After giving the whole thing a coat of matte varnish, I call it finished!
I love this color combination. I never get tired of it - orange and black is not just for Halloween!
Though I admit that it does make me miss my favorite holiday.
Thank you for stopping by!
Supplies:
 Small Trinket Drawer Stand (coming soon)
 Stackable Labels Shape Set
 Chunky ATC Blanks

1 comment:

Connie said...

How beautiful!